Companies and organizations worldwide are facing a difficult question: As the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic shifts gears from emergency to maintenance, how can we reopen and run our businesses — from Day One and beyond — in a manner that preserves jobs and generates revenue without risking the health and safety of our employees and customers? The answers to this question are not simple, nor is there a one-size-fits-all solution.
This Back to Work Toolkit, prepared by Jones Walker, is a compendium of best practices that apply to many types of businesses and industries. Our goal is to provide a concise, issue-driven resource and a range of recommendations that can be used as a platform upon which you can stage an informed, practical return to partial or full business operations.
In this toolkit, we provide information to respond to the following questions:
- “How can I make sure that my business reopens – and remains open – in a timely and safe manner and in accordance with appropriate guidelines?”
- “This pandemic has underscored the importance of my employees and managers, how can I establish flexible, meaningful employment policies and practices that will protect the health of staff and encourage them to do their best work?”
- “Agency guidance on federal, state, and local tax policy, health and welfare benefits, and executive compensation, is being updated constantly in response to COVID-19. How can I ensure that my company’s tax and human resources operations and strategies support a reboot of my business?”
- “How can I determine whether my business is covered for COVID-19-related issues under existing insurance policies, and what options do I have for limiting future risks or liabilities?”
- “Now that my real estate property is open to the public, what should I and the building occupiers consider to ensure a safe and healthy environment for reopening?”
As time progresses, new ideas and information will undoubtedly become available. While we all recognize that this is a process and our reactions must be fluid, we know that business disruption has been and will continue to be a certainty for the foreseeable future. Jones Walker is here to partner with you as we navigate this time and will utilize all resources available to assist you.