Houston residents who suffered damage in Harvey and have not applied for FEMA or SBA assistance must do so by Thursday.
The deadline to apply for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Small Business Administration (SBA) is Thursday, November 30th. Residents who sustained damage during Harvey must apply by the deadline to be eligible for assistance.
Federal assistance includes help for temporary housing, rental assistance and repair or replacement of damaged homes for eligible individuals and families who have suffered losses as a result of the storm.
Additionally, grants may be available to help with other expenses such as medical and dental care, child care, funeral and burial costs, replacing essential household items, moving and storage, vehicle repairs and some clean-up items.
Survivors may register in many ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
- Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app.
- Visiting a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Find the location of nearby DRCs online at www.fema.gov/DRC.
The following information is helpful when registering:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
For additional information on Harvey recovery from the City of Houston, visit houstonrecovers.org.